Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Reasons Why I'm Happy

1. This morning as I was backing out of my driveway, I saw kitty pawprints on my back windshield. I love it so much when that happens. Why, you ask? Because there's something beautiful to me in the notion of a little cat creeping up onto the roof of my car in the middle of the night. It reminds me of some of my favorite MewithoutYou lyrics: "A cat came drifting to my porch from the outside cold, and, with eyes closed drinking warm milk from my bowl, thought, 'Nobody hears me, nobody hears me; I crept in so soft. Nobody hears me, nobody hears me,' as I watched six steps off." 
2. During work I was talking to the 13 year old girl I tutor about my grad school plans. Our relationship is still a little tentative, as I've only been working with this family for about two and a half weeks. She said, "If you get into school, will you still get to work with us?" It warmed my heart considerably. 
3. After work I went to the grocery store to take advantage of a sale on milk. Lo and behold, roses were also on sale. This never happens to me. I love roses and I never buy them, and I GOT TEN ROSES FOR FIVE DOLLARS AND THEY'RE SO BEAUTIFUL THAT YOU MUST FORGIVE MY TEMPORARY LAPSE IN GRAMMATICAL CORRECTNESS!!!!!!!! They. Are. So. Beautiful. 
4. When I got home my Ninja Master Prep Professional was waiting on my doorstep. I wasn't expecting it till Friday, and there it was in all its glory. 
I promptly made a ridiculously delicious strawberry peach mango raspberry smoothie.
I'm also planning to take full advantage of its ice crushing capabilities. It came with a little pamphlet that has a couple of recipes, one of which is called Mocha Frozen Fusion Lite. Since I resent anything with the term "Lite" in it (aside from my distaste for anything fat or sugar free, I don't even consider "lite" a real word), I fully intend to replace the skim milk with 2% and the "No-calorie sweetener" with good old sugar. And then it will just be Mocha Frozen Fusion FANTASTIC!

In spite of headaches and some brief periods of having to focus on things that stress me out, it's been a good day. 

No comments: