Monday, August 19, 2013

New Nook

 There's been something of a new development in my little "space for thought." I was thrilled when I got to set up my little office in the back bedroom of the house I live in. However, I found I didn't spend nearly as much time in it as I had expected to. This was partly due, I think, to some functionality issues, but that wasn't the entire problem. The atmosphere was...how shall I say it? Close, but no cigar. Didn't cut the mustard. A few bricks short of a load. Okay, that last one means crazy, but you get my drift. Something about it just failed to make me say, "Hey, I believe I'll go spend several hours reading and writing in my office!" 

I just rearranged it, and I believe I may have struck gold. I don't want to speak too soon, because I think my laziness is still quite a factor: should I sit and struggle with great thoughts or watch Netflix? Well, we all know what happens there. The most I can say is that I've finally created a space that I really want to spend time in. In fact, I'm sitting in it at this very moment, writing a blog post. I think it bodes well. 

I may post some more pictures of the layout of the entire room. For now, what matters is my nook, and the way it feels. It's enclosed and small, which is perfect. The light is just right, it's surrounded by books, and I LOVE THIS CHAIR. All right, I'm done gushing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it!

Minna said...

The space looks soooo inviting! And you only need to stretch out your arm and you're in possession of a good book (and I believe all books in your possession must be good!)